Office of the City Clerk
Nyota T. Figgs
Nyota T. Figgs
A City Clerk is a public official whose principal duties include keeping records or accounts for the municipality and other duties prescribed by the law. The position is central to government transparency because the clerk is responsible for keeping and making official records and legislation accessible to city residents. The City Clerk is the Chief Elections Officer. The adjudication hearing program is administered by this department to process all housing, parking, and municipal codes.
The City Clerk is one of the only three-city-wide elected positions along with Mayor and Treasurer. The Office of the City Clerk is the most visited office in Calumet City.
We provide the following services:
- collects, dockets and securely stores the city’s records
- provides public access to legislation, laws, records and reports
- sells city vehicle stickers for approximately 30,000 vehicles
- administers oaths
- administers and maintains business licenses
- voter registration
- administers and maintains animal licenses
- collects all monies owed to the City
CITY COUNCIL MEETINGS AND INFORMATION
CITY COUNCIL MEETINGS ARE HELD THE 2ND AND 4TH THURSDAY OF EVERY MONTH AT 7:30 P.M.
- to serve as the Clerk to the City Council, Chief Elections Officer of the City of Calumet City and Custodian of the Corporate Seal
- to maintain the Record of the City Council and the City Code of Ordinances
- to provide information to our citizens and refer services to various city departments
THE VISION of the City Clerk’s Office is to enhance services while serving as the nucleus of the City of Calumet City.
Click HERE to view hours of operation for Calumet City Businesses
Business License Application(new businesses)
Real Estate Transfer Declaration