CALUMET CITY POLICE OFFICER ENTRY TEST
To be considered for hire the following requirements must be met to qualify as a candidate for the Calumet City Police Department.
- Must be of good moral character, of temperate habits, of sound health and must be physically able to perform the duties of the position. The burden of establishing these facts rests upon the applicant.
- Must be 21 years of age at the time of the test and less than 35 years of age per Illinois State Statutes 5/10-2-1-6, with the exception of Illinois State Statute section (D) 5/10-2-1-6.
- Possess a valid driver’s license
- Must possess an Associate of Arts degree in Criminal Justice or Law Enforcement from an accredited College or University or a Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited College or University: however, educational requirements may be waived for outstanding candidates upon recommendation of the Chief of the Department and a majority of the Board of Fire and Police Commissioners.
- Must be a citizen of the United States of America.
- Be able to speak, read, and write the English language.
- Must not have been convicted of a felony or any misdemeanor involving moral turpitude, as specified in 10-2.10-6 of the Board of Fire and Police Commissioners Act.
- Must not be addicted to the use of intoxicating beverages or is found to have taken or used drugs and/or narcotics illegally.
- Attend the mandatory orientation.
- Pass a written, physical agility and an oral test.
- 20-mile residency after 1 year of hire
- Other requirements may be added.
Salary and Benefits
- Starting salary of $21.00 per hour (effective 5/1/04)
- Paid Overtime
- Excellent competitive promotional opportunities
- Longevity Pay
- Uniform Allowance
- Life Insurance
- Excellent Health and Dental Insurance
Residency – Officers must reside within a twenty mile radius from the city limits of Calumet City