ComEd Strategic Energy Management (SEM)
Student Advisor 2023 Internship
Application Deadline: Monday, April 17, 2023, 5 p.m. CT
About the Internship
This internship is an opportunity for students interested in learning more about sustainability and energy efficiency, developing project management and peer-to-peer networking skills, and preparing for future professional opportunities. This program aims to increase awareness of energy efficiency and teach students about monitoring energy consumption patterns in commercial, industrial, and public sector facilities. Interns will work with CLEAResult’s Strategic Energy Management (SEM) program delivery team to assist in ComEd’s SEM offering.
What is Strategic Energy Management (SEM)?
SEM is a holistic approach to saving energy via behavioral & process changes, and low/no-cost operations and maintenance activities. The energy savings are measured and tied to actions that persist and grow over time.
SEM builds a culture of corporate sustainability and focuses on training and engaging everyone that works within a customer’s facility.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Complete training, including:
- Understanding code of conduct and how to interact professionally with customers.
- Learning how to use utility energy usage monitoring tools.
- Learning how to analyze and interpret energy consumption patterns.
- Assist in monitoring participant electricity consumption data twice weekly to identify abnormal energy use patterns and events.
- Attend monthly meetings with coach and SEM program participants.
- Learn how to use, and provide inputs on, tracking and management systems.
- Assist in analysis and projects that help the ComEd SEM program to innovate.
- Learning opportunities to understand the energy efficiency utility programs and SEM.
- Must be 18 years of age.
- Currently enrolled as a high school or college student • Internship is remote; flexible, 5-10 hours per week at $18/hr.
- Commitment to the duration of the internship: June 5th through August 25th
- Understanding code of conduct and how to interact professionally with program participant.
How to Apply:
- Complete online application by Monday, April 17, 2023, 5 p.m. CT at: Careers (myworkdayjobs.com)
- Please send a resume and cover letter answering the following questions:
- Tell us why you want to become an CLEAResult Energy intern.
- What interests you about energy efficiency?
- Upon completion, please send email to ComEd Workforce Development at email@example.com with the subject line: ComEd WFD Referral SEM Internship – Applicant’s First Name & Last Name, including application completion date.