CALUMET CITY FIREFIGHTER’S ENTRY TEST
The City of Calumet City employs a full-time Fire Department. To be considered for hire the following requirements must be met.
- 21 years of age at the time of the test.
- Possess a valid driver’s license.
- Must be a certified Paramedic at the time of hire.
- Must be less than 35 years of age per Illinois State Statutes 5/10-2-1-6, with the exception of Illinois State. Statute section (D) 5/10-2-1-6.
- Must be a citizen of the United States of America.
- Attend the mandatory orientation.
- Pass a written, physical agility and an oral test.
- 20-mile residency after 1 year of hire.
- Other requirements may be added.
Starting salary is $52,074.92, which includes 14 paid holidays and EMS pay. After two years of service, salary reaches $55,941.35, which includes holiday and EMS pay. Employee benefits include Blue Cross health, vision, and dental insurance and 17 kelly days annually plus vacation after one year anniversary. Longevity pay increases to 20% of base at 20 years. 24/48 work schedule. Union Department.