The Calumet City Board of Fire and Police Commission will be accepting applications for the position of Firefighter.
Applications will be available for pickup at the Office of the City Clerk; 204 Pulaski Road, Calumet City, IL beginning Tuesday, February 18, 2020. The Clerk’s office hours are as follows: Monday thru Friday 9:00 A.M. – 5:00 P.M.
Application deadline February 28, 2020
Starting Firefighter Salary is $52,954.70 + holiday $4,158.30 = $57,113.00;
1 year is $66,651.18 + holiday $5,233.82 = $71,885.00;
2 year is $71,686.24 + holiday $5,629.20 = $77,315.44;
Benefits include family health care coverage, pension, 2 weeks paid vacation after 1 year.
You must meet the following minimum requirements by the application deadline:
- $20 non-refundable application fee;
- U.S. Citizenship;
- Valid Driver’s License;
- 21 years of age and under 35 years of age by March 28, 2020; unless otherwise exempt by statute;
- No Felony arrests;
- Must be an Illinois State Certified Paramedic prior to be being hired;
- A current CPAT card with ladder certification valid within 12 months of test date;
- Application must be returned with required information, postmarked February 28, 2020.
Mandatory Orientation – Saturday, March 21, 2020
Test Date – Saturday, March 28, 2020
Joseph S. Blake, Chairman
Mary L. Cox, Commissioner
By Order of the Calumet City Board of Fire and Police Commission
William B. Galgan, Commissioner
To download a copy of this notice, click Here.