Mayor Michelle, Congresswoman Robin Kelly and Colonel Paul Culberson, US Army Corp of Engineers, cut a ribbon today signifying the completion of the $1.2 million dollar Yates Retention Pond upgrade project. The project, located entirely within the area of Yates Pond pump station, included replacing two existing turbine pumps and one submersible pump, installing access hatches, replacing float switches and existing generators, installing a control system, site improvements, and removing old obsolete equipment.
75% of the project cost was paid for by a grant from the US Army Corps of Engineers the remaining 25% or $358,281.25 was Calumet City’s required match. The contractor on the project was Industria, Inc., a veteran owned business.
Thank you Congresswoman Robin Kelly and the US Army Corp of Engineers.
Congresswoman Robin Kelly congratulated Mayor Michelle and her staff for the hard work and dedication to the residents of Calumet City.