Qualifications to become a member of ESDA:
- Resident of Calumet City
- 18 years of age or older
- Possess a valid driver’s license
- Work a minimum of 10 hrs per month
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Clear background check through Police Department
- No felony convictions
- Complete an employment application in the Personnel Department
Once you have completed all of the above, an interview will be arranged.
Upon meeting all criteria, members will be hired when positions are available and you will then patrol with a field training officer for a period of six weeks for training.